BCBSTX text messaging allows members to opt-in to receive important information directly to a mobile phone via a text message.
BCBSTX Text Messaging
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) offers one-time text message programs as well as subscription text services on the short codes 222789 and 33633. These text messages may be either transactional alerts or contain marketing content.
BCBSTX offers these text programs to provide information or resource links on some of the following but not exclusive topics: member coverage, and health insurance education. Health related information provided is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Transactional information provided is valid only at the time the text message is sent and may change at a later time.
Some text message programs may include two-way text communications between BCBSTX and you. We take all appropriate measures to ensure the security of the information you send to us in these programs.
Our text messaging program is accessible through the member website, Blue Access for MembersSM (BAMSM). Members must be registered and choose to participate through the BAM website. See below for more specific information.
Text Messaging Terms and Conditions:
- BCBSTX Short Codes are 222789 and 33633. BCBSTX reserves the right to change the Short Codes.
- Not all mobile devices may be supported, and messages may not be deliverable in all areas. BCBSTX, its service providers, and mobile carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- Message and data rates may apply.
- Message frequency is recurring and varies based on user subscriptions and account setup.
- You can opt-out of BCBSTX Text Messaging (SMS) programs at any time by texting STOP to cancel. A confirmation message will be sent back to you.
- To request support at anytime, text HELP for help. For additional support call 888-706-0583.
- You agree to receive automated marketing and informational text messages, including text messages that may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system.
- Consent to receive such text messages is not a condition of purchase
- Messages will be sent to the phone number provided. In the event that you change or deactivate your mobile phone number, you agree to notify BCBSTX by the means described below.
BCBSTX Text Messaging
- Claim Status Notification — Receive notifications when claims are processed. Note: Only subscribers are able to opt-in for claim status notification
- Saving Opportunities and Choices — Timely notices to help you choose cost effective care services
- Health and Wellbeing — Info regarding wellness programs from BCBSTX
- Member Feedback — Opportunities to provide input on your experience as well as request improvements and enhancements
If you are a registered BAM member:
- Log in to BAM .
- Go to the Preferences page and enter your mobile phone number.
- Check your text messages. You will receive one from us, asking you to confirm your registration.
- Reply Y to confirm you want to receive text messages. Once you reply Y you will be opted in.
If you are not a registered BAM member:
To change your mobile phone number, go to your Mobile Preferences within your User Profile in BAM and enter a new number.
You can opt out of BCBSTX Text Messaging programs at any time by texting STOP to cancel. A confirmation message will be sent back to you.
Text CONTACTTX to 33633 to receive a link to update your contact and notification preferences
Text URGENTTX to 33633 to receive a link to find an urgent care provider near you
Text BCBSTXAPP to 33633 to receive a link to download the mobile app
Text HELP to BCBSTX 222789 to receive information on where to get your questions answered
Text STOP to BCBSTX 222789 to end all text messages
Users of this service will not be charged a fee by BCBSTX. However, you may want to check with your mobile service provider since message and data rates may apply depending on your mobile service agreement.